AZ Barbeque.com

Todays Grub1

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

Tried some ABT's today, never done them before. And they were FASNTASTIC! Never thought they wouldn't be that hot (as they were real mild, full of flavor). Used fresh jalp's, w/ tomato/basil cream cheese w/ a slice of colby. wrapped in thick cut bacon. Used what I had on hand. PLEASE critique these all you can. Could certainly look prettier, but they tasted awsome! Smoked for about 2 hrs.

Did 2 racks of baby's and one spare (cut St. Louis). Did a dry rib on half a baby, turned out pretty good. One boy actually preferred it. After I pulled them off I sprayed it w/ a flat apple soda, dusted them again and wrapped them in foil (as I do all my ribs). The baby's I smoked whole, the spare I split in half.

The others, I sprinkled a rub first, then coated w/ a brown sugar (only the 2nd time i've done that, not too impressed w/ the method), then smoked w hickory chips. All in all, pretty good, but needed more smoke.

The uncooked ribs look a little funny, as they are starting to have the brown sugar melt way. Should have taken a picture post rub instead.

The spare rib pic on the grill is about the 3hr mark.

I need all the advise I can get, so feel free to beat me up a little bit. Pretend i'm the ASU Athletic Program.  :laugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - March 07, 2010, 07:39:59 pm
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:45:34 pm by AZWildcat »
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

When you do your ABT's, make sure you get all the seeds & Membranes out, then soak them for about 30 minutes.  This will make sure they are not too hot.

Great recap & pictures...  ;)
#2 - March 07, 2010, 07:45:16 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AZWildcat

Got all the seeds and membranes out, but no soak. They were anything BUT hot, which made it great. Just soak'em in water?
#3 - March 07, 2010, 07:46:50 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

OH, I mis-understood.  Thought you said they were too hot..

Yes, just soaked in water, this way it helps get out anything you might have missed..
#4 - March 07, 2010, 07:54:08 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: