AZ Barbeque.com

Cheese Steaks

Discussion started on

Ritchie9clayton

BERNIETHEK its really mouth watering, as I love cheese steaks a lot. But never tried them at home. But know will go for it following your recipe. Adding roasted garlic with olive oil sounds great. Some mushrooms and ketchup will taste good with it.
#31 - March 03, 2011, 04:52:35 am

force

go to daddy dukes in avondale on central and van buren... I challenge anyone to find a better philly cheese steak........ it beats pats in philly...... seriously..........
#32 - March 05, 2011, 11:19:52 am
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

BERNIETHEK

Hey Ritchie,  Insted of catsup use spaghetti sauce.  I used to get it that way in Phil., sort of made it an Italian  cheese steak.
#33 - March 05, 2011, 01:44:19 pm
BERNIE

bearbonez

I pretty much cook the same way as Erin. Have the butcher slice the ribeye very thin. I toss on the flat top griddle with just a little salt and pepper to season. as soon as the pink is gone, i toss on the sliced white American and the roll which I got from safeway, and now at HEB. the French rolls are actually a misnaming in my favor. They soft and chewy like an Itailian roll. As soon as the cheese is melted I just get the turner underneath everything and flip it over into an assembled sandwich.

#34 - March 06, 2011, 07:58:34 am
David "Bear" Nunley

JenHopkines21

Never made my own Cheese Steaks so I'm gonna try your recipe and make my own, however gotta try this on blue cheese.  ;)
#35 - March 17, 2011, 06:41:20 pm
The most disease I hate is toenail fungus, solution?
toenailfungusremedies

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Ok now that the BBQ comp is over I can give up my Cheese Steak recipe.  ;D ;D

I slice my own using beef rib and I get it out at Butcher Bobs in Surprise, on Bell Rd. The key is slicing it really thin, or having them do it for you. When you cook it, only cook it until the meat is just done and you will get it to melt in you mouth mouth, if you over cook it it will tough and chewy and taste like any other crappy cheese steak.
For the cheese I use American, because if you use cheese wiz, it will soak into the bread and make it soggy and if you use chedder it is very greasy.
For bread I always get the fresh baked soft rolls from Frys.
Ok you have to  build it on the grill, so once the steak is flipped and shreaded I put Frank Redhot on it for a good twist, then the cheese and then put the bread on it so it will steam the bread and make it warm, and thats it. Every time I make them everyone says its the best they have ever had... Enjoy!

Erin, what was the marinade you guys used??
#36 - September 08, 2011, 02:30:07 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

RudedoggAZ

Erin, what was the marinade you guys used??

I bet beef broth with onion soup mix would be good...
#37 - September 08, 2011, 02:59:39 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yea, that sounds good...
#38 - September 08, 2011, 03:08:43 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mrs. McFrankenboo

New!
 :D
#39 - September 08, 2011, 05:45:19 pm
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:11:50 am by Mrs. McFrankenboo »

Rob P

DeFalco's Italian Deli in Scottsdale... best Steak and Cheese around here.. IMHO  8)
#40 - September 08, 2011, 07:16:28 pm

donnajeler

Cheese Steaks is a very yummy dish but always fail to make it at home. Want to know any easy recipe, so that I can enjoy it !! Love it.
#41 - November 08, 2011, 12:47:51 am
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:49:32 am by donnajeler »

Members: