AZ Barbeque.com

BBQ Dessert Pizza

Discussion started on

bearbonez

Today's recipe is a dessert pizza for the bbq.

1 tablespoon dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
4 large egg yolks
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan and bowl
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for the pan
1 pinch salt

Add the yeast to the warm water, stirring to dissolve. Then add 2 eggs, half the sugar and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of the flour, stirring to mix well, and adding a bit more if necessary to form a small ball of starter dough. Add half the butter, mixing to incorporate, then place the starter dough in into a lightly floured mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp kitchen towel, and place in a warm spot (like above the refrigerator). Let the starter rest for 1 hour.
Place the dough into a mixer with a hook attachment. Add the remaining flour, the remaining sugar, and the remaining butter. Add the salt, and 1 egg yolk and mix again on medium for 10 minutes. Let the resulting dough rest, covered, for 5 hours.

Heat up the grill or bbq to 350 at food grate level and have a pizza stone (I use a piece of marble and it works fine, stone tile is cheaper to buy than a pizza stone).

Cheese mixture
1 cup goat cheese
1 cup marscapone cheese
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp orange zest
2 tbsp favorite fruit preserves

Mix ingredients in a bowl

Stretch the dough out to a 1/8 inch thickness. Brush with melted butter. Spread the cheese mixture over the dough. Place slices of favorite fruit on the pizza. Cook till crust is golden brown, about 35-45 minutes.
#1 - February 07, 2006, 08:17:57 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Now that I will certainly try, my wife is a nut for desserts....And one for the BBQ, that will go over very well..
#2 - February 07, 2006, 08:23:31 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: