AZ Barbeque.com

August 2008 Contest, Post your Best/Favorite Recipe

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Post your Best/Favorite Recipe in here with Pictures for your chance to win one of our great site ReLaunch prizes.
#1 - August 01, 2008, 11:58:35 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

I am not competing in the contest, but would like to share my favorite recipe. I'll try and post pics if I can ever get photobucket working again. 
 This is my smoked, Italian skirt steak roulade.

Take a skirt steak and pound it thinner
In a gallon freezer bag add the juice of an orange (blood orange if you can get one), about 1/4 c of fresh basil either chopped or a chiffenade, 1 tbsp fresh oregano, 1 tbsp fresh marjoram or 1 tsp dried, 1 tsp red chile flakes, 1 minced shallot, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp of favorite vinegar (i.e. red wine, champagne, balsamic, etc.), dash of pepper and kosher or sea salt. Add steak and let marinate 24-36 hours.
 Lay the steak out on a cutting board or sheet pan. Put on a layer of fresh basil leaves, sun dried tomatoes, proscuitto, provolone cheese, baby spinach leaves, roasted red peppers, sliced mozzerella cheese. Roll up the steak with the grain running horizontal to you. Wrap with thinnly sliced pancetta and tie it up with butcher's or any natural cotton twine. Cook on smoker at 225-250 till the pancetta looks well done...about 3 hours. I would use a light fruity wood for smoke if possible.
 For indirect grilling the cooking time should be about 1/2, so only about 1 1/2 hours.

Enjoy...Bear
#2 - August 09, 2008, 03:13:33 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That does sound very tasty Bear, great Recipe.  ;)
#3 - August 09, 2008, 05:32:03 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: