Discussion started on

richoso12

New!
Seaside Poultry Brine

Per Gal. Of Water
brown sugar
6 heaping tbsp of Crab and shrimp boil mix
 6 whole pods of NM green chile roasted and peeled without stems

Boil and stir well then put brine in fridge to cool Add poultry when brine has cooled Brine parts or whole poultry for 6 to9 hrs
After 9 hours I removed the thighs and rinsed them in cold running water. I then patted them dry. They went back into the fridge for another hour, When I took them out of the fridge, I put them on a rack on let them air dry a little more for about ten minutes. before putting them in the smoker

I ran the GOSM at close to 350 using two chunks of apple mixed with some RO. First pic of thighs was at the 1 and a half hour mark this includes the time for the smoker to come up to temp.

The second pic was at the 2 hour mark I pulled the rack and placed it on the table. I went into the house to get the camera and when I returned, my five buddies had already gotten into the chicken. It was like a meat filled pinata at a pit bull party. there is no presentation pic just the before and no after.

The third pic is of my smoking senorita Susie Q.

The texture of the skin was on the crispy side but not bite through. The meat was very moist with a nice flavor blend of smoke and the shrimp and crab mix. There was just a hint of heat from the NM chile pods. This I got from a single piece that my Friends left me.
Thanks for your time and pic friends that are not real; hungry...
#1 - May 19, 2011, 03:26:21 pm
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:22:19 pm by richoso12 »
GOSM big block, Weber 22.5 in one touch, AMZN cold smoker. I Grow NM Heritage 6-4, NM Jalmundo, NM Vaquero, Poblano,Serrano Tampiqueno. Habaneros are Orange, Antilla, Bondo Ma Jacque, and Red Savina. I use mesquite, cherry, apple, alder, and red oak chunks.

tbonejc

Copy 'n' Paste Monster strike again?  :(
#2 - May 19, 2011, 03:32:11 pm

richoso12

Strike? That was an outright wipeout...It took some time but I got it done.
#3 - May 19, 2011, 03:41:26 pm
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:19:39 pm by richoso12 »
GOSM big block, Weber 22.5 in one touch, AMZN cold smoker. I Grow NM Heritage 6-4, NM Jalmundo, NM Vaquero, Poblano,Serrano Tampiqueno. Habaneros are Orange, Antilla, Bondo Ma Jacque, and Red Savina. I use mesquite, cherry, apple, alder, and red oak chunks.

Members: