AZ Barbeque.com

Grillin a loooooonnnnng pork roast

Discussion started on

wuykats

Went to Von's on Sunday to pick up something to grille for the family.  I forgot the name of this roast, but it weighed 9 lbs.  Price was $50, but they had a special going and with your Von's card it was a little under $15.  Took it home and
marinated it for a couple of hours, would have liked to do it longer, but time was of the essence.

Started out on the Weber with 2 burners on low and the pork in the middle to cook indirectly.  It barely fit.

Cooked for about an hour, while occasionally basting with pineapple and apricot chipotle mixture, then the wind came
up and blew out the rear burner.  Ended up running the front burner on full, and the rear off.

Another hour or so and it was done, the last 1/2 hour with some grilled pineapple rings on top for a garnish.
Tasted great, some used applesauce, also had a mixture of sweet hot mustard and a little bar-b-q sauce for
those who preferred that.  Fed six adults with leftovers to take home.
#1 - September 15, 2009, 10:37:04 pm
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:39:23 pm by wuykats »
The liver is evil. it must be punished.
ruebgonvintners@gmail.com

wuykats

Hopefully, the images will show up here.  In the post I used the "insert image" icon by the smilies.
That didn't work, so maybe you have to use the toolbar "paste" command.
We'll see
#2 - September 15, 2009, 10:52:17 pm
The liver is evil. it must be punished.
ruebgonvintners@gmail.com

force

cut er up
#3 - September 15, 2009, 10:55:21 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

KidCurry

Ive got two of those in my freezer at home, well maybe not that long  ;), I need to get them out and cook one of them.  That looks pretty good.
#4 - September 16, 2009, 08:20:06 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

bearbonez

Nice job. That there would be a pork loin.
#5 - September 16, 2009, 09:14:33 am
David "Bear" Nunley

azkitch

And I just missed out on $1.27 pork loins at Basha's. Darned. I like havin' 'em sliced and run thru the cuber tenderizer a couple times, makin' pork tenderloin--well, pork loin sandwiches, Iowa style. Makes my DW homesick.
#6 - September 16, 2009, 11:19:08 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

bbqphx.com

Sam's Club on Bell had them for $1.38/lb the other day.
#7 - September 16, 2009, 12:33:05 pm
Tracy-Head Chef and Mad Scientist
Weber Ranch Kettle
Two Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Old School Weber Performer circa 1998
FEC100
http://www.bbqphx.com
Find BBQPHX sauce at Hobe Meats, Bull Market and Brooksie's

jmcrig

I didn't know anyone else in AZ knew what a pork tenderloin sandwich with pepper cheese was about. I got one of the Bashas loins and plan on some more Canadian Bacon, but I'll have to save some of it for sandwiches. Back to the original post, it looks great.
#8 - September 16, 2009, 06:55:15 pm

RobOConnell

Looks great there.
#9 - September 16, 2009, 08:25:51 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Members: