AZ Barbeque.com

Pig #3 Practice practice practice

Discussion started on

azcolt45

The tenderloin straps off either side of the back bone were awesome, so was the cheek meat

Colt
#16 - May 08, 2009, 12:49:26 pm
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

PAT YOUNG

azcolt45, If that was your 1st try then you got it going on! Even with the problems you had thats one purty pig! i,ve cooked about 50 in the last 25 years and i would have been proud of that one as far as looks go. By the way the cheek meat is my family's favorite! The loins and tenderloins are great too! Next time chop up a little of each kind of meat along with some crispy skin and you'll have the best pig sandwich ever! Keep Qing, PAT
#17 - May 08, 2009, 07:33:57 pm

Quiggs

That's interesting, Mom lives in sunsites, have to check it out next time I am down.

Dean these guy packed my last deer and did an awesome job.  I had a lot of the venison turned into summer sausage by them and if I knew how good it was going to turn out we would have had the whole thing done that way!!! It was amazing...family run place and clean..
#18 - May 08, 2009, 07:47:26 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Lizard333

I wish I could do more pigs....  I have a hell of time finding enough people to show up and eat them.  The last one I did at Christmas time was awsome cause we had a block party, and she was picked clean!!  So I only get to cook about two or three a year.....  I might do another one over memorial day weekend at the cinders up here in Flag.  We will see......
#19 - May 09, 2009, 04:45:08 am
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

azchoctaw1

Good Morning Smoker's,
The Meats Lab at U of AZ has all different cuts of meat. You might want to try some of their ranch cattle from the V-V Ranch of theirs. It is a cross of Wagyu(Kobe) and Red Angus.
I have had it and quite good. It is a USDA inspected plant and not a state inspected plant no big deal just thought I would pass the info.

They also beef jerky.

Phone: 520-621-7623
Fax: 520-621-9435
Email: ans@ag.arizona.edu
Azchoctaw1
#20 - May 09, 2009, 07:13:59 am
Middle name "Elijah" means "God of Fire" that is why I BBQ!!!!!!

azcolt45

LLizard 

COOK IT,,, AND THEY WILL COME!

Colt
#21 - May 09, 2009, 10:07:26 am
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

force

go pig.......... suuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
#22 - May 10, 2009, 11:38:55 am
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: