AZ Barbeque.com

Just Drum'in

Discussion started on

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

I decided to smoke some chicken drums yesterday and boy were they awesome. I rubbed them down with a little vegetable oil and then seasoned them with Lawry's, garlic powder and ground black pepper. I cooked them for about 3-1/2 hours on my Brinkman Pitmaster. My water pan consisted of water, beer, and Dr Pepper BBQ sauce. For the last 1/2 hour of cooking I basted the drums with the Dr Pepper sauce. I used Mesquite wood chunks for my smoke with Kingsford charcol as my heat source. Those drums were the juciest, tastiest drums I have ever had.
I also threw a tin of Bushs Baked Beans in there as well. While they were good, I need to add something to the flavor. Maybe I will add more bacon next time?? Anyway, what a dinner......Beer, BBQ, and Beans....... Life is good.  If you can bake, broil or grill it, you can smoke it ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - April 16, 2010, 08:10:38 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

RudedoggAZ

Looks great!
#2 - April 16, 2010, 08:24:37 am

dannypat21

Looking damn good Porkster!
#3 - April 16, 2010, 09:04:37 am

smitty250

Nice Legs you got there!
#4 - April 16, 2010, 09:06:01 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Nice Legs you got there!

Thanks guys........It's all those beer runs to the fridge that keeps my legs in shape >:D ;D
#5 - April 16, 2010, 09:05:17 pm
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

newsmoke

legs and beans, nice. However, it is also the combination that makes the "walking farts" as my son would say
#6 - April 18, 2010, 04:27:24 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

legs and beans, nice. However, it is also the combination that makes the "walking farts" as my son would say

Yea, I know. The wife didn't appreciate me that night. Oh well, The sacrifices are loved ones make for great BBQ >:D

#7 - April 18, 2010, 07:23:29 pm
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Members: