AZ Barbeque.com

Some butts for family and friends

Discussion started on

Bob Smith

Here are a few photos of some butts that went on the egg. More to come as we pull them in the morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - September 03, 2011, 09:33:01 pm
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

Crash

Looks great...what's in the rub your using?
#2 - September 04, 2011, 12:54:31 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Bob Smith

Thanks, the rub has some brown sugar, a little  ;)paprika, salt, pepper and a few other things that were just throw together.
#3 - September 04, 2011, 03:37:35 am
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

Mark

That is a great example of how many pork butts a BGE can hold. I've had up to ten in my biggest Kamado when I was cooking for the ASH Oktoberfest. I think many people underestimate the capacity of ceramic cookers...not to mention that they can do it all on one load of charcoal if you control you fire properly.
#4 - September 04, 2011, 09:45:39 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks good Bob, Great Job
#5 - September 04, 2011, 03:32:55 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Bob Smith

Here are the last of the photos. time to get your grub on!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
#6 - September 04, 2011, 04:27:23 pm
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

Mark

Looks great! I love the 4 clean bones shot. :)
#7 - September 04, 2011, 04:30:54 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Smoker Man

hmmmmmmmmmmm  that looks tasty...  very tasty indeed. 

Nice how many shoulders you can get on a rack.  I have WSM and do about two shoulders at a time on the bottom rack and 4 racks of ribs on the top.   One thing I do with my shoulders/butts is cut them up, usually into 4 pieces or at least cut into the meat so it cooks faster and there is more area for the smoke to make contact with the meat.  I'll cut around the bone so the meat is all laid out to speed up cooking and that wonderful smoke flavor to touch more meat.

I'll post a pic next time I do one.

usually doing this way using 1.5 chimney of charcoal I can do a few butts, the ribs which are done in about 4 hours, add more ribs or add chicken next, or tri tip, etc....

it's cooling down now and I got about 50 racks of ribs in the freezer from the july 4th sale at frys this summer.  Also need to finish off my last turkey from last year to make room for more.  I smoke a turkey about every other month all year long.

#8 - October 23, 2011, 11:44:29 pm

tbonejc

I smoke a turkey about every other month all year long.

Do you find any good deals at all or you just buy a bunch in Nov and freeze 'em?
#9 - October 24, 2011, 02:21:23 pm

Members: