AZ Barbeque.com

A couple of pic of my bird!

Discussion started on

Elwood

My day started at 430am which is what time I usually go to bed but anyway enough of me here's the some pics of my bird! I cooked it on modified brinkman smoker with lump coal and hickory chunks!

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - November 25, 2010, 11:10:31 am
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abe Lincoln

Elwood

another look at it!

#2 - November 25, 2010, 11:11:13 am
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abe Lincoln

desertdog

Looks mighty tasty there, teddy!  What time are you serving?
#3 - November 25, 2010, 11:12:10 am
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Elwood

A Pic of my smoker that cooked that BIRD!

#4 - November 25, 2010, 11:18:51 am

Elwood

Looks mighty tasty there, teddy!  What time are you serving?
Why thanks at 1230pm sharp!
#5 - November 25, 2010, 11:19:42 am

Elwood

side view of it

#6 - November 25, 2010, 11:20:24 am

azkitch

Fascinating mods, there! I haven't used my Brinkmann SnP since I built my drum...and saying built is taking liberties with the word! As far as the drum goes, I drilled 16 holes...wait, 21 if you count the handle and the temp probe holes...installed a handle and 4 bolts. oooh. The firebox isn't much more sophisticated, just 2X4 piece of expanded #9 X 3/4" bolted in a circle, bolted to a charcoal grate and a pizza pan.
Anyway, you're probably going to be eating in just a little while. Congrats...looks awesome!
#7 - November 25, 2010, 12:11:48 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Elwood

Thanks and I so would love to have a couple of U.D.S so bad just need to get some time and build a couple!
#8 - November 25, 2010, 06:36:39 pm

Elwood

A pic of the spread

#9 - November 25, 2010, 06:40:27 pm

Elwood

A pic of the spread
Another pic of the spread

#10 - November 25, 2010, 06:41:26 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks Awesome Teddy. Thanks for the pics
#11 - November 25, 2010, 08:21:17 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Looks like some serious good eats there.

Love the Huge Thing of Gravy.  Can never have enough gravy.

Thanks for the pics & recap.  Looks like a great meal...
#12 - November 25, 2010, 11:32:20 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Elwood

Thanks guys and as far as the gravy goes thats a 4 cup measuring cup but there was still a 3/4 pot full of gravy! We are serious when it comes to mashed tators and gravy, one year it was almost a fist fight when one of the in-laws that can't control his crazy wife messed up the tators man 3 things that you can't mess up turkey ,gravy and tators those are what I guess we could call the no fly zone lol! Anyways hope everyone had a hellva turkey day and everyone made it home safe time for some ribs or a butt humm who knows maybe frys will be discounting there prime rib again like last year, they had a $150 hunk of prime and the day after t-day it was only $ 55 bucks gota go see if there are doing that again :)
#13 - November 26, 2010, 01:18:03 pm

Members: