AZ Barbeque.com

Don't try this at home!

Discussion started on

RobOConnell

That is way too funny, my wife cleans Jalapenos for alot of her dishes and all too often finds that even if she washes her hands very good, it still can leave traces of oils. So she will find out later when she rubs her eyes. But to have the oils of one of the hottest peppers on the planet......
#16 - August 11, 2009, 06:17:33 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Quiggs

My wife and I were invited to a dinner at a friends house a few years back, we were supposed to have homemade pizza on the grill.  When we showed up, my friend Bob was leaning over the kitchen sink with bright red eyes and tears flowing freely.  I looked over to the counter and saw his blender wrapped in multiple layers of saran wrap.  Inside was ground up dried peppers, seems he decided to make fresh dried pepper flakes to put on our pizza and discovered when he popped the top of the blender it would have been a better idea to do it outside with the wind blowwing well away from his face!!  The funniest part was his wife's reaction as she could not stop laughing at his stupidity as he actually sniffed to see how hot the peppers were!!

PS: The saran wrap was to keep the rest of the flying dust from escaping!
#17 - August 11, 2009, 08:26:02 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

azkitch

Son #2. Robbie (who came to the Christmas Party and Tempe) choked and coughed eating a hab slice the size of a fingernail clipping, shot some juice in his eye cutting said hab, then a week later, tested his step moms pepper spray, thinking it wouldn't be as bad. Rats, I wasn't there for that one!
#18 - August 12, 2009, 01:45:43 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

PAT YOUNG

YEARS Ago, my wife and i were processing HATCH green chili's, We tossed about a 5 gallon bucket of stems and seads into the pig pen! We didn't think anything of it since they were green chili's, but our 5oo lb boar ate the whole bucket by himself! He didn't move for three days, just laid on his side with the saddest look on his face! He didn't even get up to drink water! We thought he was gonna die, but he pulled through!
#19 - August 12, 2009, 11:49:06 pm

Three4Que

YEARS Ago, my wife and i were processing HATCH green chili's, We tossed about a 5 gallon bucket of stems and seads into the pig pen! We didn't think anything of it since they were green chili's, but our 5oo lb boar ate the whole bucket by himself! He didn't move for three days, just laid on his side with the saddest look on his face! He didn't even get up to drink water! We thought he was gonna die, but he pulled through!

Dang Pat, I'm suprised PETA didn't through a fit about that. 

My wife uses surgical gloves while cutting up the different peppers we put into our salsa.  It only took her a couple of peppers  ;D , from our first time making salsa, to figure out she should wear gloves.
#20 - August 13, 2009, 04:56:37 am
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
"Keep it low and slow"

ASU Alumni

Lizard333

When my wife and I were in high school, we were working at a football game at the nacho stand.  She started eating the pickled japs, and I warned her to knock it off or she would be sorry in the morning.  A gallon of ice creamed wouldn't have helped her with the burn the next morning!!  Man was she hurting!!! >:D
#21 - August 13, 2009, 08:44:25 pm
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

RudedoggAZ

Sounds like a good ol' Johnny Cash song... "Ring of Fire"  :laugh:
#22 - August 14, 2009, 11:06:54 am

smitty250

Sounds like a good ol' Johnny Cash song... "Ring of Fire"  :laugh:

...and it burns, burns, burns that ring of fire...   :)
#23 - August 14, 2009, 11:08:19 am
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

Members: