AZ Barbeque.com

Brisket

Discussion started on

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

As long as it's after 12:00pm it's never to early. Although, that does explain the post......LOL ;D
#16 - August 26, 2011, 02:59:02 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

AzScott

Scott, it's a bit early to be drinking, eh?

Eh, it's Friday afternoon and I'm ready for the weekend.  Boredom more than anything.
#17 - August 26, 2011, 03:55:43 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

azkitch

I liked it!
I worked at my local Sam's today, and they had a (very ugly) 14# brisket in the case. And it looked like it had about 2 1/2# of fat it could have given up. Late in the day, it had been joined by an 11# packer. There were also a pile of flats in there. Packers were $2.18/#, and flats were $3.99/#.
#18 - August 26, 2011, 09:38:02 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

RudedoggAZ

I liked it!
I worked at my local Sam's today, and they had a (very ugly) 14# brisket in the case. And it looked like it had about 2 1/2# of fat it could have given up. Late in the day, it had been joined by an 11# packer. There were also a pile of flats in there. Packers were $2.18/#, and flats were $3.99/#.

Kitch, the only time u see a bunch of full packers is when I order a case and they leave the rest to the "case" :)
#19 - August 26, 2011, 11:45:39 pm

jmcrig

Whenever I can't find full packers at the Gilbert Sams, I find the manager, and he always seems to find several to chose from.
#20 - August 27, 2011, 12:03:55 am

azchoctaw1

If you live close to Buckeye, this is a harvest(slaughter house) meat packer.
He has retail meat to my understanding and he might hang the beef in a locker before selling which is a good question.
They have been in business a long time:

Buckeye Meats CO
1045 E Monroe Avenue
Buckeye, AZ 85326-9690

Jim
#21 - August 27, 2011, 11:35:07 am
Middle name "Elijah" means "God of Fire" that is why I BBQ!!!!!!

azchoctaw1

Might check here for brisket I have been trading at the local meat shop for about three yrs.
The only place I buy brisket and he is 30 minutes from me.
call ahead to make sure he has them and check the price. He is a meat market and does not have case ready display of meat.

480-949-8911
Jim ;D :P
#22 - August 28, 2011, 10:55:58 am
Middle name "Elijah" means "God of Fire" that is why I BBQ!!!!!!

bairman

Again thanks for the help and comments. Did a slab of ribs yesterday on the Traeger and they were great. I have attached some pic's from another site that also help answer the question. I hope the attachements are here :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
#23 - August 29, 2011, 10:17:39 am

bbqphx.com

It might be a haul depending on how far west you live, but I gotta throw a plug in for the Bull Market.  They are in Scottsdale on Bell Rd. just west of the 101 (there's a sports bar and a Bagel Nosh in the same plaza I believe it's called the Desert Fairway Center).  Hard to find but worth it as they are about the only place you can find Certified Angus Beef briskets around here anymore.  The staff could not be more helpful, and if you have a special occasion coming up I HIGHLY recommend their dry aged strip steaks!  I have found their prices to be fairly on pace with Sam's or Costco for most Choice grade cuts.  I think the days of $1.99/lb brisket are looooong gone unfortunately......
Plus, they sell the world's best BBQ sauce (at least IMHO  :angel: )
#24 - November 05, 2011, 06:56:45 pm
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:59:43 pm by bbqphx.com »
Tracy-Head Chef and Mad Scientist
Weber Ranch Kettle
Two Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Old School Weber Performer circa 1998
FEC100
http://www.bbqphx.com
Find BBQPHX sauce at Hobe Meats, Bull Market and Brooksie's

Members: