AZ Barbeque.com

Bacon Burgers

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Today, we cooked up some bacon burgers from scratch. 

My daughter and I were at the store and saw that the gound sirloin was on sale, so we picked up 3 pounds of it.  We also grabbed some Horsey sauce, onion soup mix, BBQ sauce (Hickory Flavor), some corn on the cob and some onion buns.

My wife mixed up the burgers with the Horsey sauce, 1 raw egg, BBQ sauce, onion soup mix and some garlic and made some great looking patties out of them.

Meanwhile, I was BBQing up the Bacon in a soy sauce and pepper marinade.  The grill was smoking great and a few of the neighbors commented on how great it now smelled in the complex.  I was just hoping not to set off the sprinklers on my patio.  :o

After the bacon was done, we put the burgers on the grill and put some of the bacon on top of them while they cooked.  3 minutes on each side for my medium rare ones and 6 minutes on each side for my wife's well done burgers.

They came out fantastic, juicy, tasty and satisfying.  We had some great corn on the cob with it as well, boiled them up, then put them on the grill just to brown them a bit and they too were fantastic.

Not a huge BBQ day, but at least I got to grill, so now, I'm happy.  ;D

So, what did you BBQ lately??
#1 - March 05, 2006, 06:57:23 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Sounds like some real good burgers. We are making pork chops for dinner tonite. I think I will have to get some ground beef next trip to store.
#2 - March 05, 2006, 08:26:34 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

ddog27

Yum!  ;D ;D
#3 - March 28, 2006, 10:31:18 am
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

Slush

Damn - There is just something about the smell of smoke and bacon that seems to kick in the taste buds.

Just so I can enjoy the whole experiance - What kind of wood?
#4 - March 28, 2006, 10:38:51 am
www.FrozenPartyRental.com
Forget the KEG Freeze your party!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Ddog,

I didn't use the smoker on this one, just the propane grill.  Not real BBQ, but still they were real good...  I put some mesquite chips in there to burn just to give them a bit of "smoke" flavor, but no real wood was used in this meal.

But I too love the smell of bacon on the grill.  Sometimes when I am cooking up Pork for Pulled Pork, I will wrap it in Bacon after I put the rub on it.  WOW, what a great taste that gives it.
#5 - March 28, 2006, 01:42:53 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Slush

What - don't tell me that Mesquite chips are not "real wood"  - They came from real wood, and it's all I got now.  Nothing quite like making little tin foil smoker boxes to put on the burner.

Right now, all I got at home is my good old Brinkman propane Walmart special I used to take camping.   Its my multi-purpose BBQ/smoker/grill. 

Now you got me thinking - I'll have to find my recipe for bacon wrapped mushrooms -  :P - yum!
#6 - March 28, 2006, 11:04:56 pm
www.FrozenPartyRental.com
Forget the KEG Freeze your party!

Members: