AZ Barbeque.com

3rd cook with Stoker ***PORK BUTT***

Discussion started on

pegraves

Sorry, no pics.  Cutting to the chase, it was gone before I had a chance to take a photo!   :P

I think digital BBQ'n is cool.  You can see my latest cook using Stoker's twitter application.  http://twitter.com/pegraves

I injected the butt with an apple juice solution, then applied my rub and let sit overnight covered (with plastic wrap) in the fridge.

The next morning, I prep'd my WSM and set the stoker at 250.  The butt was on at 7AM.  Sometime between 1-2pm, the butt hit 160 and I foiled it with a bottle of Stubb's pork marinade.  It hit 195 at 5:30pm. 

I am totally amazed how constant the stoker keeps the temperature.  Yeah, I know this was a major investment, but I am so totally thrilled I own one. 
#1 - June 10, 2010, 09:33:55 am
22.5 Weber Kettle
18.5 WSM
KCBS CBJ #59539

AzQer

Peter glad to hear you are having such great luck and fun with your stoker. I to love mine I have had it for over a year almost 2.
#2 - June 10, 2010, 12:21:03 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

glenntm

We ordered our Stoker last week for our Backwoods smokers.  We hope to have it tested and ready for the Williams event.
#3 - June 10, 2010, 12:23:42 pm

glenntm

Had our first cook this afternoon with the Stoker.  Loved it.  Set-up the wireless and monitored the temp from the house.  Pretty steady, and didn't fluctuate much.  Seemed to use much less fuel and consistent colored smoke. 

Hope to get a couple more cooks in before Williams. 
#4 - June 20, 2010, 10:23:30 pm

Crash

Nice... I'm thinking we really need a stoker as well.  The only thing stopping me is being too damn cheap.

I dont think I've heard a bad thing about them, except maybe once.  Glad to hear it's working good for you Tom. 
#5 - June 20, 2010, 10:42:23 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Members: