AZ Barbeque.com

todays brisket

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

Threw a flat on at 0630. 4lbs after trimming. Was down to Dickmans Deli/Butcher shop for some brats and brought this home too. Isn't the way it goes sometimes? I've gotten to like the mustard coating, so it's heavy in a Texas style rub w/ some yellow stuff. Wrapped for 12hrs, threw it on a UDS. Looking good so far...updates to come. I played w/ some chicken marinades yesterday, so i'll do some thighs and split breasts later.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - August 29, 2010, 10:48:55 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

n2dabluebbq

so how is it now that its been almost seven hours?
#2 - August 29, 2010, 04:21:43 pm
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

AZWildcat

Took 9 hrs and 40 min to get to 200, foiled at 180, added some juice. Let rest for an hour. Not bad...could have cooked a little more. Great flavor and great bark. The pics are a little off, but close. Not a failure, thats for sure.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#3 - August 29, 2010, 06:46:45 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks great Dan. Nice job
#4 - August 30, 2010, 09:41:25 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

mustang

Took 9 hrs and 40 min to get to 200, foiled at 180, added some juice. Let rest for an hour. Not bad...could have cooked a little more. Great flavor and great bark. The pics are a little off, but close. Not a failure, thats for sure.

Wow, that's almost 2 1/2 hours per pound to get to 200 degrees even with foiling help after reaching 180 degrees! 

That's a good data point for us to keep in mind since many folks estimate their cooking time to be about 1 1/2 hours per pound and then they end up undercooking their brisket.

What temp was your UDS holding?
#5 - August 30, 2010, 01:58:26 pm

AZWildcat

My UDS held about 230 average. It's kinda funny, cause a buddy of mine threw his 4lb flat on at the same time, but he has a gas smoker. His was done about an hour early at 230, and foiled at 180 too. Big pieces of meat are soooo unpredicatable, but hey, it's done when it's done!
#6 - August 30, 2010, 08:36:39 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

SmokeRinger

That is the most bad ass drum smoker I've seen!....The meat looks good too... :P
#7 - September 03, 2010, 09:17:31 am
Bacon is a vegetable too.

Members: