AZ Barbeque.com

Todays Menu

Discussion started on

Harpo

These 2 butts were rubbed down Fri afternoon,injected with apple juice and put in fridge until 9:30 last night when I started cooking. I have never wrapped before to finish taking to final temp and would like pros and cons on wrapping in foil to finish. I will be trying that today. I use Hickory pellets, being from KY where everything is cooked with Hickory I just have to go that way. Don't this pic just make your mouth water.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - April 11, 2010, 08:54:06 am
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

RobOConnell

Looking good Harpo, I get the feeling your really gonna love that.
#2 - April 11, 2010, 09:09:35 am
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

AZWildcat

looks real good, waitin for the done pics!
#3 - April 11, 2010, 09:54:06 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

azradtech

I usually wrap, I like the way it seems toi be back the moister by allowing the meat to set it its own jucies while creating a convection oven effect. thats just my 2 cents
#4 - April 11, 2010, 10:09:30 am
Dorothy
CBJ

Harpo

I usually wrap, I like the way it seems toi be back the moister by allowing the meat to set it its own jucies while creating a convection oven effect. thats just my 2 cents

I got them wrapped in foil and moved to the grill top shelf at 240. I figured why waste pellets when they are wrapped. They were on the smoker for 11 hours and if they don't have smoke flavor by now they never will. Holding in the juices makes sense.
#5 - April 11, 2010, 10:43:48 am
FEC 100

Harpo

Absolutly, by far the best Pulled Pork to date. Made a Carolina Sauce for it. The before shred shows the nice Mr. Brown on the outside. Shredded so easily and nice, Taste Gooooood To.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#6 - April 11, 2010, 03:24:42 pm
FEC 100

jmcrig

Congratulations, looks great. Enjoy your dinner.
#7 - April 11, 2010, 03:49:37 pm

nickknocks

Looks real good.
#8 - April 27, 2010, 01:54:16 pm

Members: