AZ Barbeque.com

Reindeer turds

Discussion started on

bearbonez

Reindeer turds are basically appetizer sized roulades

Just a few versions. Use your imagination for whatever fillings you like.

Top round roast a.k.a. london broil cut into thin slices...somewhere around 1/8"..but slice from a round roast, not the steak looking thing. If it's a really big piece, you can always cut in half or whatever. Basically you are looking for your slices to be around a 4" diameter to make appetizer portions.
cover a cutting board with plastic wrap, lay down a slice of the round and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Wet to plastic with some water for lubrication and pound the slices even thinner with a meat mallet. The slices should be about another 50% wider after pounding. After you have all the meat pounded (insert joke here), keep to the side and get your fillings ready.

Lay out a slice of round. First add a layer of cheese, then any other meat filler(hams, sausages, crumbled bacon, etc.), and finally add the veggies. Make sure to leave an inch of meat uncovered all the way around to allow for a tight wrap. Also don't get carried away with the fillings or you wont be able to roll it up, and you filling will leak all over the place. Another note is that shredded cheese or spreading soft cheese like cream cheese or goats cheese works much easier than trying to deal with slices or chunks.
   After you have the fillings layed on the slices, fold over the sides and from the bottom, roll up. Just like rolling a burrito or crepe. Take a slice of bacon (thicker cuts here) and starting from the leftwrap the bacon around working toward the right. Just so you get an even wrap. Secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with some rub or seasoning blend. Put these in the smoker, on the grill, or in the oven. Cook till the bacon is done. Even though they are small sized..you know how things can go on a smoker..don't put them in and think they will be ready in 15 minutes, give yourself some time.
 After they are cooked, you can sprinkle some grated parmesan on the italian, cotija on the mex..maybe serve the mex or southwest flavor with a wedge of lime...use your imagination.
 Italian:
 Mozzerella and a italian cheese blend
 Proscuitto Ham
 a slice of sun dried tomato
 a slice of roasted red pepper
 Dab of fine chopped garlic

Mexican:
 Queso Fresco
 Chorizo
 roasted green chile
 fresh cilantro
 a squeeze of lime juice

Simple southwestern:
 Colby/jack
 julienned jalepeno

In honor of Munich Haus:
 Swiss
 Bratwust
 Saurkraut

Enjoy!!
#1 - May 10, 2009, 09:29:28 am
David "Bear" Nunley

force

Bear........... I can taste them now........... pass over the scotch.....
#2 - May 10, 2009, 12:03:51 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thanks Bear, I still have very fond memories of when you cooked those up at Stagecoach.  Those ROCK!!!
#3 - May 10, 2009, 02:27:01 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Lizard333

ANY PICS.  WHAT DO THESE LOOK LIKE, BESIDES THE OBVIOUS.
#4 - May 30, 2009, 05:31:03 am
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

bbqjoe

I'm going to quit coming to this website unless some of you go buy yourselves a camera. >:(
#5 - July 03, 2009, 05:29:14 pm
Anything worth shooting once.........is worth shooting a bunch of times.

www.eatatjoesbarbecue.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Bear made some for us out at Stagecoach a few years ago and I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of it.  They are great though.
#6 - July 03, 2009, 05:42:08 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: