AZ Barbeque.com

Grilled Shrimp ideas/ recipes

Discussion started on

nickknocks

I put raw shrimp in a grill wok with lemons, limes and oranges cut in half or quartered and squeeze some of them to have liquid in the wok. once the juices boils and the shrimp are pink just before taking them off the grill i sprinkle a cajun rub on them.
#16 - March 30, 2010, 10:43:00 am

jmcrig

Sounds good and I don't even care for shrimp. ;D ;D
#17 - March 30, 2010, 10:49:33 am

brandon

The best Grilled Shrimp I have made have been on trips to Mexico. We find Fresh shrimp to shell and clean, a medium hot grill brushed with oil, garlic salt and a bottle of Controy, (triple sec works or any orange liquor will work). Lightly season the shrimp with garlic salt and place on medium hot grill and baste with Controy for 2-3 minutes each side or till opaque. The secret is to not overcook the shrimp yet caramelizing the Controy with a slight smoke flavor is to dye for. No need for sauce here, just eat and enjoy!
#18 - April 15, 2010, 01:23:54 am

PAT YOUNG

WE like to grill shrimp 1st then glaze with thai sweet chili sauce, they are always a hit and so simple!!!
#19 - April 16, 2010, 01:06:07 am

medic007

Try a little Mexican style.Ground cumin, paprika, chile powder, red and black pepper, sea salt and olive oil. Soak peeled shrimp in lime for 5 minutes skewer, coat in olive oil, cover in spices and grill for a few minutes on each side. You will be surprised at the results. The key flavor is the ground cumin.
#20 - February 19, 2011, 06:15:24 am

desertdog

The best Grilled Shrimp I have made have been on trips to Mexico. We find Fresh shrimp to shell and clean, a medium hot grill brushed with oil, garlic salt and a bottle of Controy, (triple sec works or any orange liquor will work). Lightly season the shrimp with garlic salt and place on medium hot grill and baste with Controy for 2-3 minutes each side or till opaque. The secret is to not overcook the shrimp yet caramelizing the Controy with a slight smoke flavor is to dye for. No need for sauce here, just eat and enjoy!

Sounds really good!  Do you mean Cointreau, like a triple sec liqueur? 
#21 - February 19, 2011, 04:30:19 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Members: