AZ Barbeque.com

ACB's (Cherry Bombs)

Discussion started on

sabo

Please help me out on this one..I came upon this idea , and everything was going great..untill i fell asleep on the couch with the Smoker going and 12 Cherry Bombs on melt down . This is good, read on....12 large Japs, 1 can of Cherry Pie filling, 1 small can of crushed Pineapple..(please drain as much liquid as possibke ). mix as you see fit....and. stuff the Japs...Now the problem ..pre fry the Bacon or Not..I say Pre fry..wrap and smoke . Cherry Bombs.

Your Kids will love them..
#1 - August 02, 2009, 11:02:49 pm

Crash

Is this one of those things that you have to eat to believe???

Definitely sounds interesting.
#2 - August 02, 2009, 11:27:03 pm
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:36:27 pm by Crash »
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

As usual, we need Pictures..  They do sound great, you might need to make some for one of our midnight snacks we have at our cook-offs.  Sounds like it would fit right in..  ;)
#3 - August 02, 2009, 11:37:01 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Lizard333

Please help me out on this one..I came upon this idea , and everything was going great..untill i fell asleep on the couch with the Smoker going and 12 Cherry Bombs on melt down . This is good, read on....12 large Japs, 1 can of Cherry Pie filling, 1 small can of crushed Pineapple..(please drain as much liquid as possibke ). mix as you see fit....and. stuff the Japs...Now the problem ..pre fry the Bacon or Not..I say Pre fry..wrap and smoke . Cherry Bombs.

Your Kids will love them..

By "japs", what do you mean??  Knowing this might help to visulize 8)
#4 - August 03, 2009, 10:51:26 am
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

sabo

jalapeno
#5 - August 03, 2009, 10:59:40 am

blakesbbq

I think pre fry to but not crispy. This sounds weird but so did the piggles, im gonn have to try this. Let me see if i get this. Mix pie filling and drained pinnaple togather, then stuff japs with this, then pre cook bacon, then wrap around the japs  then put on smoker. Ok i think i got it im gonna try it. ;D Holly
#6 - August 03, 2009, 11:35:19 am
later gator

sabo

dont use to much pineapple.
#7 - August 03, 2009, 11:51:23 am

jmcrig

Sounds wonderful, but also thinking of adding some cream cheese. Leaving well enough along is never an option.
#8 - August 03, 2009, 03:49:13 pm

RobOConnell

Sounds great Jim. I dont know what to do with the bacon. I myself would just put them on the grill and go for it. But getting the bacon crispy is the problem your trying to solve here, so I cant be of much help. But if you perfect those rascals, let me know.. I will come on over and help you with the final approval... lol.

Rob
#9 - August 03, 2009, 07:46:08 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

desertdog

I might have to throw in a little Brie with the filling, wrap in bacon and slow smoke.

#10 - August 03, 2009, 07:49:37 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

olivesmoker

I would say wrap in prosciutto already cooked and very easy to wrap.Then as Dean says a little brie. And a slow smoke.Could be on to something here.
#11 - August 03, 2009, 09:13:49 pm
Danny Petersen
Gold Star Engraving and Awards
So much more than a Trophy Store.

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ Team Member
Thanks Quiggs!

azkitch

What other options besides Jalapenos? I don't like the flavor so much. Serranos are a bit small. What's next that is readily available? Hungarian Hot? They're BIG!
#12 - August 03, 2009, 11:06:33 pm
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:49:42 pm by Mike (AZBarbeque) »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

RobOConnell

Hey Jim, did you get these figured out? Im gonna have to try these too.

Rob
#13 - August 22, 2009, 10:19:44 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

ddog27

These sound good. Everything that goes in them I like. Gonna have to make some of those!
#14 - September 02, 2009, 03:46:55 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

sabo

pre cook the bacon in the micro for about 60 seconds between two pieces of paper towel, use pie filling with heavy syrup, not the cherries in juice. when bacon is done to your liking..eat up. You can also wrap in buscuit dough,put in oven @ 325... but you will have to steam the peppers. I did these 2 weeks ago. I liked them..some people may not. :P
#15 - September 02, 2009, 07:01:45 pm

Members: