AZ Barbeque.com

ABT's

Discussion started on

Griln4u

Bear, Gotta have that recipe... all I remember is Bratwurst, pork sausage, bacon & bathroom but dang they are excellent and i would like to start offering them to my friends & family asap. We may even put them on as a menu offering. I"ll change the name though...something like Bear's Bullets
Thanks
Bob
#1 - July 10, 2006, 02:46:21 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Now that sounds like a great idea...

I warned you that they were addicting....  :D
#2 - July 10, 2006, 03:14:28 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ron b

wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

bearbonez

ABT filling was cream cheese, olive oil, bbq rub, skinned and browned brats and pork sausage (the sausage that looks like hamburger), salt and pepper. I use a old school veggie peeler to cut out the seeds and pipe the filling in using a gallon freezer bag with the corner cut off. Just toothpick on a half slice of bacon.
 I have also used lump crab meat and also added a little bread crumb and parm to the mixture too.
#4 - July 10, 2006, 06:27:11 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

bearbonez

also if ya have any left over bbq, that works good too.
#5 - July 11, 2006, 02:22:13 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Griln4u

Bear, here is an update
#6 - July 16, 2006, 07:24:11 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  Sounds like that e-mail where the person moves to AZ and details the days they are here.... Too Funny....

Should have called me to come over and taste test with you, I love ABT's....  ;)
#7 - July 16, 2006, 08:36:44 pm
Michael J. Reimann

bearbonez

I never really guess emasured the amounts. Other recipes I post I can gander how much, as I never measure anything unless it's a bakery product. On abt's I seriously wing it, cause over doing it on the filling leaves more to stuff other things...and speaking of winging it...that gives me another recipe idea...thanks for triggering the creative juices.
 Ever had had those Thai stuffed chicken wings??  ;) ;D smoked stuffed catfish and pork chops too. hmmm...I will be following up on this mayhaps this weekend.

Stuffed meatloaf, rolled skirt or flank steaks...ummm...I am seeing and endless chain reaction here with different ingredient abt fillings and ohhh...here's one for over a hot mesquite fire for direct grilling...tourndoes or stuff filet minion or whole beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon!!!

See wgat you started!!
#8 - July 17, 2006, 03:33:24 pm
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:37:40 pm by bearbonez »
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I never really guess emasured the amounts. Other recipes I post I can gander how much, as I never measure anything unless it's a bakery product. On abt's I seriously wing it, cause over doing it on the filling leaves more to stuff other things...and speaking of winging it...that gives me another recipe idea...thanks for triggering the creative juices.
 Ever had had those Thai stuffed chicken wings??  ;) ;D smoked stuffed catfish and pork chops too. hmmm...I will be following up on this mayhaps this weekend.

Stuffed meatloaf, rolled skirt or flank steaks...ummm...I am seeing and endless chain reaction here with different ingredient abt fillings and ohhh...here's one for over a hot mesquite fire for direct grilling...tourndoes or stuff filet minion or whole beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon!!!

See wgat you started!!

;D  ;D  ;D Not a bad thing to start, but now you really have me hungry...  ;D  ;D  ;D
#9 - July 17, 2006, 05:24:57 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Quiggs

Found this old thread and wanted to give it a bump to see if any other cool recipe's are out there for the great ABT's. Being Super Bowl weekend i a few days thought I might try a few for the party!
#10 - January 26, 2009, 05:23:34 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Oh yea, we will be making some of these up for the big game as well.  LOVE ABT's..
#11 - January 26, 2009, 06:03:25 pm
Michael J. Reimann

KidCurry

One of the first smoker recipes I tried from the internet...we love them, leave just enough seeds to pop!
#12 - January 26, 2009, 07:37:08 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

force

All over those..........
#13 - January 26, 2009, 10:32:57 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

bbqwant2b

As the ABT is our preferred 2:00am snack thanks to mike and bear we have made some small changes, whole pieces of bacon,crawfish with cream chez and smoked Gouda just to name one. we now do them about 10 different ways. remember if it can do a ABT it can do a Fatty......
#14 - January 27, 2009, 09:05:45 am
Member IBCA,KCBS & CBBQA
DP Fat 70
Traeger bbq126
Traeger XL bbq 150
FEC 100
Jambo

bbqjoe

We sell ABT's, but outside the bbq circle, I didn't think anyone would want to order something off the menu that had turd in the the name. We use cream cheese, crab meat, and a shot of soy sauce.

We decided to rename them mohave greens, after the snake. You never know with a Jalapeno or a rattler, if you're going to get bit or not.
#15 - January 27, 2009, 11:01:28 am
Anything worth shooting once.........is worth shooting a bunch of times.

www.eatatjoesbarbecue.com

Members: