AZ Barbeque.com

UA Football going up.....ASU going down...

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

I tried re-posting on the Devils vs Ducks thread, but it's been closed. You sneaky ASU loving moderators... >:D...haha.....

Anyway, we can look back a few weeks, since then ASU has been facing real Division 1 teams. Been rough. Funny though, I figured the "talent", as it was called, would have fared better. ASU might lose out the rest of the year. It's a real tough schedule ahead Devils, time to put your big girl pants on. :laugh:

Then, there is the now, AGAIN ranked UA Wildcats. Need I say more? Sent No.9 USC packing last week. Possible to win out the season. Far easier schedule than ASU, but UA has already gone through that gauntlet.

Bought my UA vs ASU tickets today, i'm already chomping at the bit. Can't wait!! Always a good game, always unpredictable.
#1 - October 31, 2012, 12:19:29 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

It's gotta be those longjohns the Cats are wearing as uniforms. I understand your center keeps his trap door open so Matt Scott can give him the reacharound. ::) We're glad to see you're guaranteeing a win on your bleacher-ringed cow pasture.  Should be a fun game. >:D
#2 - October 31, 2012, 06:27:06 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Hey Mark, you are really slipping, if that is the best you can do.  You usually have something actually witty to say.

Yeah UA and ASU schedules are really mirror images, with UA playing a lot of tough teams early and ASU having an easy schedule, and UA having an easier shcedule than ASu at the end of the season.  I guess that is why we are ranked (no, Mark it is ASU that is just RANK), while ASU is not, even though we have the same overall record.

Going into the season, I had figured UA for a 6-6 record.  And, until last weekend, I still figured that.  Hey, playing 5 ranked teams (3 in top 10) in the first 8 games would be tough for anyone, much less a team with a new coach and new system.  Not to mention the absolutely dismal defense Mike Stoops left us with.  Yes, I know ASU also has a new coach and new system.  But unlike UA, ASU did (supposedly) have better talent returning.

I certainly would never guarantee we would win out, but I like our chances of going 7-5 or 8-4, which would be a huge turnaround in one year. 
#3 - October 31, 2012, 09:53:25 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Mark

True, Mike. We can all agree that both ASU and UA are light years ahead of where their previous coaches had left them. ??? And that is good for the state of the sport and the sport in the state. Now if we can do something about the Cardinals.>:(  I hope they give the rookie QB Ryan Lindley a shot. Same goes for Nick Foles in Philly. They couldn't do much worse than the starters. :-[
#4 - October 31, 2012, 10:22:53 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Crash

I absoultely love that the rivalry is still alive here on AZBBQ. 

Bear Down!
#5 - November 01, 2012, 02:48:53 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AZWildcat

I was told the other day that when Oregon came to town to play ASU they painted your A on the mountain green before leaving town after giving you a beating. Oregon is a top notch team so I can understand the loss. But having an out of state come in and paint your A green, now thats funnny.
#6 - November 01, 2012, 08:13:47 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

I gotta admit we are pretty lax in guarding our A Mountain, especially since it is adjacent to the stadium and is in plain sight of Mill Avenue. ::) I remember a few years back when Wildcat fans successfully painted it red and blue for the umpteenth time. ??? Sun Devil fans tried to return the favor in Tucson and got caught by the cops. :-[ ^-^  It's all in good fun that's part of our college rivalry. Plus a fresh coat of paint keeps the rocks from decomposing faster. ;)
#7 - November 01, 2012, 08:27:18 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AZWildcat

I was told the other day that when Oregon came to town to play ASU they painted your A on the mountain green before leaving town after giving you a beating. Oregon is a top notch team so I can understand the loss. But having an out of state come in and paint your A green, now thats funnny.
#8 - November 01, 2012, 09:25:17 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Mark

They probably paid some UA grads to do it. They could use the $$ since all the lettuce has been picked. ;D >:D
#9 - November 01, 2012, 10:44:38 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

I heard it was an inside job.  Supposedly, Graham did it to fire up the team.

Need proof?

#10 - November 01, 2012, 12:05:37 pm

smitty250

Now that's pretty good Mike!
#11 - November 01, 2012, 12:22:33 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

Mike P in Tucson

Thanks Smitty.  Actually, I "borrowed" the picture from a UA forum where someone else posted it.  Hmmmm.......... is it real or is it photoshopped?
#12 - November 01, 2012, 12:48:44 pm

AZWildcat

Not to get completely off topic Mike, but why am I not coming tonight to help you load up for this weekend's competition?
#13 - November 01, 2012, 12:51:41 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Mike P in Tucson

Hey Dan,

Not getting in this comp.  I know, by not getting in, I won't have any chance at TOY, right? :D
#14 - November 01, 2012, 12:57:16 pm

Members: