AZ Barbeque.com

ASU vs Cal?

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

Anyone got any predictions....other than "depends on which Cal will show up"? Will Erickson have job come Sunday? Vegas has Cal -3pts, any thoughts?
#1 - October 20, 2010, 06:17:58 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

G$

I think it is "which ASU team shows up". 

Home field doesn't mean much to me on this one, and I would not be surprised to see a big output from the Sundevils.  I would also not be surprised to see an implosion.

They have had flashes of really solid play amid stretches of terribly undisciplined play.  I honestly think Cal has proven to be a mid level pac 10 team this year, and it will come down to ASU trying to save the season (and DE's job?) or folding the tent up early.   If they win, they have the gimme next week before facing the under-rated but very beatable USC team riding a 3-0 streak.   If they lose  ........
#2 - October 20, 2010, 08:40:48 pm
G$

ArizonaRed

I think ASU beats Cal or ASU beats ASU.  There is a lot of shoulda coulda woulda talk lately but it comes down to coaching ie Wisconsin loss and Oregon St loss.  I hope DE is gone after this year and we can lure Mike Leach if only so I can here the post game speeches.  GO DEVILS
#3 - October 21, 2010, 02:05:24 pm
Warm Beer is Infinitely Colder than no Beer

Crash

I hate to say it, but I think ASU by 9.  Sure hope I'm wrong.
#4 - October 23, 2010, 12:12:17 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Cornbred

I agree with Crash. ASU by two possessions but controlling the game much more convincingly than the score says. CAL and UCLA baffle me.
#5 - October 23, 2010, 10:53:01 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

ASU is getting spanked again...
#6 - October 23, 2010, 02:58:56 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AZWildcat

and again........and again..... ;)
#7 - October 23, 2010, 03:10:27 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

ron b

yikes!!! DAM SHAME  :( sorry mike!.... maybe one of the birds flying around could help  :-* lsu game looks good tho
#8 - October 23, 2010, 03:16:53 pm
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:00:45 pm by ron b »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

Mike P in Tucson

Got whupped, didn't they? :D :D :D :D

From a previous post by force:

Actually ASU is one scary team... outscored the number 1 offense in the country in every catagory against the number 1 defense in the nation...Held the number 1 offense n the country to 4 touchdowns....with their defense.. like they did wisconsin's offsense.........  they fix their mental errors.... it will be all over for any opponent..... that's how good they really are....

And I know the Mildcat fans will counter.. however.. one touchdown against CAl? really? and the defense got a break with the foot out of bounds on the cal td...... Iowa way over ranked....... with pac 10 play.. at the end of the season... once again.. the Mildcats will be the ONLY team in the pac 10 NEVER to be at the ROSE BOWL.. and in the PAC 12... probably Utah and Colorado will get their before them......  the cats haven't been tested yet........when they play and beat a good team.. I will let you know.............lol

Maybe now you realize Cal is better than you thought?  Or maybe it is just that asu is worse than you thought?
#9 - October 24, 2010, 09:13:34 am
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:16:11 am by Mike P in Tucson »
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Now I don't think Cal is better than we thought or ASU is worse than we thought, but ASU certainly doesn't know how to put it all together and that's all coaching.

Sad part is, Erickson has done wonders everywhere else he has coached.  Not sure why he just can't put it all together here.

They have the talent, they just can't execute like they need to.

Watching the "Good" teams play on Saturdays makes you wonder why ASU just can't figure it out..  We should be right up there with the Oklahoma's, Alabama's, Nebraska's, etc.

As a fan, it's frustrating to watch, knowing the talent and just not seeing it perform...
#10 - October 24, 2010, 10:10:50 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Cornbred

Completely Agreed Mike. I'm confident that boosters who donate big money to the program want to see a change. He!! I want to see a change. The sooner you realize there is a serious problem, the sooner you can fix the problem. Let D E go this week.
#11 - October 24, 2010, 11:36:07 am

G$

This should say it all: Cat fans want "another year" for DE.  And another.  And another.

#12 - October 24, 2010, 11:51:23 am
G$

ArizonaRed

I thought he was gonna get fired at half time........
#13 - October 25, 2010, 09:10:35 am
Warm Beer is Infinitely Colder than no Beer

Mike P in Tucson

I don't think he will get fired.  If he has another losing season, he will throw his coaches to the wolves to try to keep his job.
#14 - October 25, 2010, 04:08:45 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

G$

I don't think he will get fired.  If he has another losing season, he will throw his coaches to the wolves to try to keep his job.

I hope so.

#15 - October 25, 2010, 04:33:25 pm
G$

Members: