AZ Barbeque.com

ASU Basketball ???

Discussion started on

Crash

What happened?  You ASU fans surely get silent when your team is absolutely terible. 

Best of luck to ASU tomorrow, maybe you'll get lucky.  After all, it is a rivalry game. ;)
#1 - February 13, 2011, 01:20:24 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mark

Maybe we will get lucky. We're already lucky not to live in Tucson. >:D
#2 - February 13, 2011, 02:48:00 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AZWildcat

So Crash......you think if ASU was ranked 16th in the country in basketball and UA was a train wreck, we'd be hearing from Scum Devils about their superiority? I have a feelin we would. NO ....i'm SURE we would!  Good luck tonight Mark and the Sun Devils, i'm sure as a true ASU fan you'll be watching the game, right?
#3 - February 13, 2011, 10:54:48 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

You guys have an odd way of tooting your own horn by starting an argument.  >:D Why not come straight out and brag about how high you are ranked? It's okay. You deserve it. Can't you just be happy for happiness sake? I guess you're feeling the remnants of the rash left by the football season. :'( May I recommend:  http://www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php
#4 - February 13, 2011, 12:11:14 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Crash

So Crash......you think if ASU was ranked 16th in the country in basketball and UA was a train wreck, we'd be hearing from Scum Devils about their superiority?
Does the pope shit in the woods on a friday night? :D
#5 - February 13, 2011, 02:38:20 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mark

Lemme get this straight. So by you guys posting that UA is ranked 16th in the country and beyatching that the Sun Devils would probably brag about the same thing...aren't you proudly doing what you complain ASU might potentially doing? Let's do the time warp again!

Geez. A pissing match without a partner is just taking a leak. Now zip up and shaddup. :D >:D :-*

The game's not over as I type this, but let me congratulate you on your momentous win. Sleep well, my puddytats. ;)
#6 - February 13, 2011, 08:47:33 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mark

I thought Paola Boivin had a good analysis of UA's program success and ASU's woes.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2011/02/13/20110213asu-mens-basketball-sunny-days-fading-fast.html
#7 - February 14, 2011, 09:43:19 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AZWildcat

I think it's fairly accurate, and this is the truth. Basketball players come to UA, because it's UA, we are foremost a basketball school. UA is no more a football school the ASU is a basketbal school, and neither should expect to the get recruits/coaches of a powerhouse. The difference being that ASU hasn't been relevant in either in a really, really long time, long before any of these kids were born (which is important in recruiting). UA was really lucky to land Lute Olsen a few decades ago (and he could have just as easily went to ASU), when nobody knew who he was. UA struggled as he left, with indecision after indecision. Hell, we even missed a trip to the tourney!!!! Landing Sean Miler, a nice young talented coach, was also a gift.

I'm not slamming ASU, because it just could have easily happened to UA, it was a coin-flip of sorts. I just can't imagine a school with the size of enrollement and alum like ASU is satisfied with medicority. At some point you have to say, enuf is enuf, and break open the wallet.

I use to work in the Truck Tire business for a number of years, and re-treads initially looked great. The only problem is, eventually they will blow up on ya, sending you into a ditch, in a burning heap of rubble. Div 1 re-tread coaches wil give ya the same. There is no quick fix.
#8 - February 14, 2011, 10:11:21 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Oh, we are no where near satisfied. 

I totally agree with you.  With ASU being as big a School as it is, they need to be putting better teams out on the fields & courts.  ASU is a great school to attend for athletes and the school & boosters need to step up and build the state of the Art training facilities & stadiums they deserve.

Sun Devil Stadium was supposed to get a HUGE overhaul after the Cardinal's left, but the Cardinal's stiffed them on that.  Unfortunately until they get the stadium rebuilt, I don't see a national powerhouse team coming out of it.

As for the other sports, they have to really put the $$ out there to get the top of the line coaches and stop going for the discount ones.
#9 - February 14, 2011, 02:37:21 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike P in Tucson

I think Herb will be able to get ASU's basketball program back to a more respectable level (but hopefully not enough to ever beat Arizona again ;)).  But I also think both schools have football coaches we would like to replace.
#10 - February 14, 2011, 03:17:59 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

AZWildcat

But I also think both schools have football coaches we would like to replace.
No doubt!
#11 - February 14, 2011, 04:12:13 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Members: