AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• 9th Annual FSMA Walk & Roll: November 16, 2014

9th Annual FSMA Arizona Walk-n-Roll

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, once again, AZBarbeque is teaming up with SMA to provide food for their event.

We have always had a great turnout and support from our members and hope to do so once again this year.

Here are the details:

http://www.fsma.org/Fundraising/EventsCalendar/index.cfm?id=8768&eventRedirect=1&type=1154

9th Annual Arizona Walk-n-Roll
Sun 11/16/2014 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

El Dorado Park-East Ramada
Go North on 77th St. & McDowell Rd.

Sunday, November 16, 2014
Help us develop a treatment and cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy

To attend the event or fundraise, please click the "Register or Fundraise" button to the right.
To make an online donation, please click the "Donate" button to the right.

Bring the Family for a Day of Fun and Raise Funds to Find a Treatment and a Cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy!
Registration starts:   9:30 a.m.
Walk-n-Roll starts:   11:00 a.m.

Registration fee includes a custom Walk T-shirt!

Join us for lunch and a raffle following the Walk!

Spinal Muscular Atrophy is the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two.  SMA is an inherited and often fatal disease that destroys the nerves controlling voluntary muscle movement, which affects crawling, walking, head and neck control, and even swallowing.  Two new-born children are affected each day in the United States, approximately 1 in 6,000 live births.  One in every 40 people carries the gene that causes SMA, which means there are more than seven million carriers in the United States alone.  Currently there is no treatment or cure.

Families of SMA is an international nonprofit organization founded in 1984 with the mission to find a treatment and cure for SMA.  FSMA is made up of more than 110,000 members and supporters and has funded more than $55 Million in leading research programs since its inception.

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/FSMAArizonaChapter

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Angel
#1 - September 18, 2014, 01:00:11 pm
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:17:27 am by Mike (AZBarbeque) »
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, we really need a great turnout from our members once again.  You have ALWAYS stepped up and helped out and we could really use you all again this year.

This is one of the things we do as a Social BBQ Club.  We are NOT just about BBQ Competitions or events, we are also about helping the community & kids. 

We have several of our AZBarbeque members who are directly involved and/or affected by SMA and we encourage all of you to take a moment & appreciate all that you have and find the time to come join us in making this event a success.

What we need:

Main Foods - Brisket, Pork, Chicken, Brats, Hot Dogs, Burgers, Tri Tip, etc.

Sides:  BBQ Beans, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Pasta Salad, etc.

Desserts:  Ice Cream, Cobbler, Brownies, etc.

Appetizers:  Moink Balls, Bacon Explosion (Fattie), Cajun Shrimp, Green Salad, etc.

Buns, Condiments, Napkins, Plates, Cups, Drinks, etc.

Please post up if you and/or your family and/or your company can help out. 

They normally have a few hundred people out at this event, so if we get a bunch of us all donating just a bit, we can once again make this event a HUGE success.

Thanks in Advance for your Generosity & time.
#2 - September 18, 2014, 01:05:12 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mark

Cool. The Motta family will be there to help out again. Count on us for a big antipasto salad and we'll noodling on what else to bring.

For all you newbies who want to meet and help out the AZ Barbeque gang, this is the perfect opportunity for a great cause. I can honestly say that the FSMA walk is one of the best "feel good" times you'll have all year and a good life lesson for your family, too. Join us!
#3 - September 18, 2014, 03:33:34 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

We will be elk hunting that weekend again this year. We will not be able to attend, but we can donate food or items you will need. We did this a few years ago and it was a lot of funny hanging out with everyone an helping at the event. All the attendees were so appreciative and nice to talk to.
#4 - September 18, 2014, 05:00:35 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Bob Smith

This is a very special event, that needs our support. Cheri and I will be there with pork and some type of side.  If anyone who can not attend, but would like to donate pork butts, brisket, tri tips,  I have plenty of room in my smoker. Pleasefeel free to get in touch with me.
#5 - September 18, 2014, 06:08:26 pm
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

bucaguy

I should be able to help out.. I can probably throw in some sauces and do up a few sides
#6 - September 18, 2014, 06:43:45 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Just a little over a month until this event and we still need a LOT of our members to step up and help out.

Please let us know if you are able to, it is a great experience and really means a lot to this group.
#7 - October 12, 2014, 10:31:14 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, this event is just a little over a week away and we still don't have very much support.

Where is everyone at?

The main objective of this club is to promote BBQ throughout the state.  One of the ways we do this is by giving back to great charities like this.

Please find it in your heart to help out.  It's a great experience for everyone involved.

Please post up what you can bring and/or cook.

Thanks,
#8 - November 05, 2014, 08:10:30 am
Michael J. Reimann

145 grill

Wish I could help out, but I will be doing a fund raiser for Special Olympics that weekend.  Maybe next year.
#9 - November 05, 2014, 09:14:53 am
1-offset stick burner trailer
4-UDS
1-home offset
The hardest thing about smoking meat is keeping it lit.

Mark

As Bob Smith said earlier,
If anyone who can not attend, but would like to donate pork butts, brisket, tri tips,  I have plenty of room in my smoker. Please feel free to get in touch with me.

This is also a good opportunity to donate, say, some quality frozen pulled pork or brisket you may have to create freezer space to hold your Thanksgiving turkey. ;)
#10 - November 05, 2014, 09:25:26 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mark

Michael, count on me for cole slaw, potato salad and a pan o' meat. I'll scan the ads next week and smoke up something fresh. :P
#11 - November 05, 2014, 09:28:59 am
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:52:12 am by Mark »
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

BBQCZAR

Mike,I may be able to help,not sure now as I've been having bad back problems,going to doctor and therapy and if it doesn't get better I may end up having surgery,been bad lately,if I can I will.
#12 - November 05, 2014, 11:09:48 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Mike,I may be able to help,not sure now as I've been having bad back problems,going to doctor and therapy and if it doesn't get better I may end up having surgery,been bad lately,if I can I will.

Very sorry to hear that Tim, hope you get it all worked out.  Back pain is no joke.  Let us know if you need anything.

Hopefully we get some of our other 3000+ members to step up and help out.

If each member cooked up just one pork butt or brisket or one side or appetizer, we would have more than enough.  That's the great thing about BBQ  and our members, they are all great when they step up to the plate. 
#13 - November 05, 2014, 11:15:34 am
Michael J. Reimann

SmokinAces

Would love to help out. Do you want cooked or uncooked items? How much? How delivered? Where delivered? etc.
#14 - November 05, 2014, 11:18:55 am
Kevin W. Hardin
Pit Master
Smokin Aces BBQ
602-571-9644
www.smokinacesbarbeque.com
You Can't Beat Our Meat

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Would love to help out. Do you want cooked or uncooked items? How much? How delivered? Where delivered? etc.

Kevin,

Looking for Main Meats (Pork, Brisket, Ribs, Tri Tip, etc), Sides (Beans, Corn, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, etc.)  Appetizers (Moink Balls, etc.) 

Cooked would be best, or you can meet us ahead of time & drop it off & we can cook it.  I think the best part of the event though is being out there serving all the kids & Attendees and seeing the enjoyment on their faces.

Let us know, any help would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Mike
#15 - November 05, 2014, 11:23:36 am
Michael J. Reimann

Members: