AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Out of the Ashes BBQ Comp: September 05, 2014 - September 06, 2014

3rd Annual Out of the Ashes BBQ Competition

Discussion started on

Bob Smith

Quote from: KingCopa link=topic=http://www.BarbequeChampionshipSeries.org/rules.php3682.msg116054#msg116054 date=1407388070
Please pardon all my newbiness but I have never done a competition but I am interested. How does something like this work? I'm assuming you bring all your own meat? If so how much should be brought. Do you have to do all categories (chicken, ribs, brisket and pork) or just some? Any and all info would be much appreciated. I'm thinking about trying to sign up for this if I can make the date in such a short notice. Thanks !

Here is the link to the BCS rules. This will help, if you have anyother qustions just ask we'll be more than happy to help out.

#76 - August 07, 2014, 05:41:00 am
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

Bob Smith

1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

Fat Frankie

Mike  Fat Frankies will not be able to make this comp  :-[  Diane will only be a week out of major foot surgery and it probably will not be a good idea for us to try and compete. But thanks for keeping an open slot for us.

Regards
Frank Ross
#78 - August 11, 2014, 10:24:55 am
Fat Frankie
Comming to a Competition Near you!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Mike  Fat Frankies will not be able to make this comp  :-[  Diane will only be a week out of major foot surgery and it probably will not be a good idea for us to try and compete. But thanks for keeping an open slot for us.

Regards
Frank Ross

We will miss you guys Frank, please give Diane our best & we hope & Pray for a speedy recovery.  See you at the next one.
#79 - August 11, 2014, 01:23:50 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

KingCopa

Thanks for the reply's and the link, unfortunately I have to work that weekend and unable to get it off. I do look forward to being able to come out and give it a try. Guess it just gives me some more time to practice!
#80 - August 11, 2014, 11:18:53 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thanks for the reply's and the link, unfortunately I have to work that weekend and unable to get it off. I do look forward to being able to come out and give it a try. Guess it just gives me some more time to practice!

That darn Work thing sure does get in the way of Fun & BBQ quite a bit.  LOL  Hope to see you at another event soon.
#81 - August 12, 2014, 12:25:18 am
Michael J. Reimann

ThunderDome

Yes, you bring and cook all four meats: chicken, ribs (spares or baby backs), pork butt and beef brisket. No advance seasoning/trimming is allowed. Turn-ins on Saturday are at noon, 12:45, 1:30 and 2:15pm. You must provide a minimum of 6 pieces (6 ribs, 6 chicken thighs, etc.) Teams put their longest cooking meats on around midnight Friday. Ribs and chicken go on in the AM. The trick is backtiming everything so it is done at just the right time. There is more to it than my simplified scenario. Others can fill in what I missed. This event is a good, low-pressure one to start with. ;D

From the BCS Page:
Pre-trimming of meat is permitted, but it may not be pre seasoned, injected or marinated.
#82 - August 12, 2014, 11:30:52 am
60 Gallon Tank Build + UDS x 2 + Weber Kettle 22.5 + Weber Kettle 18.5 + Weber Silver B Propane

Mark

You're correct. My bad. ::) That is just one of the differences that makes BCS comps a little less hectic and more fun. So are the turn-ins set 45 minutes apart rather than 30. ;D
#83 - August 12, 2014, 12:36:19 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Looks like our friends & Club Sponsor, Anthony Spices has just registered his team for this event as well.

In Addition to his entry fee, he has also generously donated a gift basket for us to use either in the Kids Q or Appetizer Party.

Thanks Lance, you always come through for us.  Look forward to seeing you and your team out at this great event.
#84 - August 12, 2014, 11:54:47 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Less than 3 weeks until this great event. Still plenty of room for more teams.

Who else is up for coming up to Northern Arizona & some cooler weather & joining us for this great event.

Do you have ATV's or UTV's?  Bring them, this event is held in conjunction with the Annual Outlaw ATV Jamboree. 

Hope to see a few more of you out there.
#85 - August 18, 2014, 08:43:10 am
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

For those of you competing, Please make sure to get your Health Department Paperwork in ASAP.  There is NO cost to you for this, but it will allow you to sell people's choice out at the event and try to recoup some of your expenses.

I have attached the paperwork for you. 

Please print it out, fill it out & then mail it to:

FOP
PO Box 911
Springerville, AZ 85938

We look forward to seeing all of you and your teams out at this great event.  For more info on this event, please visit:

http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/3rd-annual-out-of-the-ashes-bbq-competition/

and/or

http://www.outoftheashesbbq.com

and/or

https://www.facebook.com/events/833086350042468

I will have more info coming out in the next week.
#86 - August 18, 2014, 09:08:00 am
Attachments:
Michael J. Reimann

Mcevoyrom

Don't forget if you want to partake in the bottle bet, make sure to bring a bottle. Not sure who is holding the bottles yet, but I will know as soon as we arrive.
#87 - August 20, 2014, 05:04:06 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Just two weeks left before this event, still lots of room for more teams.

Who else is going to join us?

Also, we would love to see lots of our AZBarbeque members out at this event.  Get up out of the heat & come join us for a fun event. 

Lots of Friday Night activities as well as the comp on Saturday.  Have an ATV?  Bring it and go on some great rides with the ATV Jamboree folks.

#88 - August 21, 2014, 09:14:40 am
Michael J. Reimann

Anthony Spices

Hey Michael,

I still don't have any idea where to go to set up for the event.  I understand it is at some ranch, but where is the ranch (address?, directions?, etc.) 
Thanks.
#89 - August 27, 2014, 09:53:43 am
Lance Anthony
Anthony Spices, LLC
www.anthonyspices.com

bucaguy

There is enough room for a tent on each cook site?
#90 - August 27, 2014, 10:14:47 am
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Send this topic Print

Members: