Discussion started on

bucaguy

Hey Mike did you get my entry
#61 - August 01, 2014, 11:28:42 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey Mike did you get my entry

Yes Scott, I got your's in.  I will post up a team list on Tuesday after the mail comes to see if we have any others that were mailed on Friday.

Looking forward to the cooler weather, some great ATV rides & seeing everyone.
#62 - August 02, 2014, 05:52:46 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

145 grill

I met with the president of the ATV organization today. He told me that if anyone from our comp. that have an atv and wants to go on trail rides with them to register and they will get you a wristband for no charge.  This would be good for families that need something to do while we are prepping to cook.  You will be required to sign a waiver with them and wear protection while on the atv's.  If you are on the fence on whether to enter or not, I think this would be a great comp for you. This is a fun competition and a perfect one for a first time competitor. The weather is awesome up here right now, it is cool and overcast.  I have been seeing a lot of deer and elk out during the last week.  So come on up and let us show you a great time.
#63 - August 04, 2014, 09:05:24 am
1-offset stick burner trailer
4-UDS
1-home offset
The hardest thing about smoking meat is keeping it lit.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I met with the president of the ATV organization today. He told me that if anyone from our comp. that have an atv and wants to go on trail rides with them to register and they will get you a wristband for no charge.  This would be good for families that need something to do while we are prepping to cook.  You will be required to sign a waiver with them and wear protection while on the atv's.  If you are on the fence on whether to enter or not, I think this would be a great comp for you. This is a fun competition and a perfect one for a first time competitor. The weather is awesome up here right now, it is cool and overcast.  I have been seeing a lot of deer and elk out during the last week.  So come on up and let us show you a great time.

WOW, that's awesome news.  Teams, if you are bringing up an ATV or UTV, get signed up for this & go enjoy some rides with this great group.  Fun times for sure.
#64 - August 04, 2014, 02:56:25 pm
Michael J. Reimann

ThunderDome

WOW, that's awesome news.  Teams, if you are bringing up an ATV or UTV, get signed up for this & go enjoy some rides with this great group.  Fun times for sure.

Our crew will be comin up w/ Rangers. Their will be some riders for those not cooking. I think we'll have a kids q entry too.

Mike, I need to change the name of our team> We sent you out our check w/ our Chicken Wing cookoff name, but thats not what we want to use.
#65 - August 04, 2014, 03:16:01 pm
60 Gallon Tank Build + UDS x 2 + Weber Kettle 22.5 + Weber Kettle 18.5 + Weber Silver B Propane

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

Mike,

I am sad to say we will not be able to make it this year. We just have some bad timing. I know it will be another great event. The people in your town are awesome and I hope they enjoy the teams and the food. I guess I will have to let someone else win the RV and land also. I look forward to making it next year.
#66 - August 04, 2014, 05:53:10 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Mike,

I am sad to say we will not be able to make it this year. We just have some bad timing. I know it will be another great event. The people in your town are awesome and I hope they enjoy the teams and the food. I guess I will have to let someone else win the RV and land also. I look forward to making it next year.

Bummer, sorry to hear Robert.  Look forward to seeing you again soon on the BBQ Trail..
#67 - August 04, 2014, 06:00:38 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Still lots of time to get your team registered for this great event.

If you are a new team wanting to get into Competition BBQ, this is a great event to do so, low entry fee ($125) and no hidden costs, just one fee for entry, larger space, health permit, etc.

It's one of the easiest and most affordable events you can do. Plus it's up in the cool pines of Northern Arizona and in conjunction with the Outlaw ATV Jamboree, so lots of great activities going on and lots of fun adventures.

Get your team registered today & come join us for a fun, cool weekend.
#68 - August 04, 2014, 06:37:19 pm
Michael J. Reimann

145 grill

Bummer, sorry to hear Robert.  Look forward to seeing you again soon on the BBQ Trail..
Dang, we are going to miss you Robert. Take care.
#69 - August 04, 2014, 07:14:43 pm
1-offset stick burner trailer
4-UDS
1-home offset
The hardest thing about smoking meat is keeping it lit.

Mcevoyrom

Anyone that would like to participate in a bottle bet bring a bottle. The team that scores highest overall that brought a bottle wins them all.
#70 - August 05, 2014, 04:30:00 am

Bob Smith

Anyone that would like to participate in a bottle bet bring a bottle. The team that scores highest overall that brought a bottle wins them all.

I'm in on the bottle bet, but we'll let you hold the bottles this time. I haven't had very good luck holding them.  :D :D :D
#71 - August 05, 2014, 05:08:01 am
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

Mark

You got to know when to hold 'em. 8)
#72 - August 05, 2014, 11:05:35 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Bob Smith

You got to know when to hold 'em. 8)
it's not the holding part that's the tough one, it's the handing it over to someone else.
#73 - August 05, 2014, 06:27:05 pm
1 small BGE
FEC 100
BCS CBJ
KCBS CBJ

bobsmith@azbarbeque.com

KingCopa

Please pardon all my newbiness but I have never done a competition but I am interested. How does something like this work? I'm assuming you bring all your own meat? If so how much should be brought. Do you have to do all categories (chicken, ribs, brisket and pork) or just some? Any and all info would be much appreciated. I'm thinking about trying to sign up for this if I can make the date in such a short notice. Thanks !
#74 - August 06, 2014, 10:07:50 pm

Mark

Yes, you bring and cook all four meats: chicken, ribs (spares or baby backs), pork butt and beef brisket. No advance seasoning/trimming is allowed. Turn-ins on Saturday are at noon, 12:45, 1:30 and 2:15pm. You must provide a minimum of 6 pieces (6 ribs, 6 chicken thighs, etc.) Teams put their longest cooking meats on around midnight Friday. Ribs and chicken go on in the AM. The trick is backtiming everything so it is done at just the right time. There is more to it than my simplified scenario. Others can fill in what I missed. This event is a good, low-pressure one to start with. ;D
#75 - August 06, 2014, 11:07:58 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: