AZ Barbeque.com
Likes 1 Likes

5th Annual Springerville Labor Day Rib Throwdown & Social

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

New!
Hey all, this year's event in Springerville is once again going to be a BBQ Festival/Rib Burn/Social/Charity Event.

We will be doing just a Rib Only comp.  The Fee to enter is just $25/team plus a BIG Bottle of FIREBALL..

We are hoping to once again get all the ribs donated, we will post up more info as we lock this down.

The Event this year will be at 418 E. Main Street, Springerville, AZ.  There is a large grassy area for trailers, its at the police department, there is a playground on location, water and electricity (110 Only).

Dates are: Labor Day weekend, August 29th - September 3rd, 2019

This will be our 5th event like this and we are excited to be once again teaming up with the city of Springerville & Mike & Mary Nuttall.

I will also create a Facebook event page for this event, please help share & promote this event as we would love to have as many of our AZBarbeque members & BBQ Enthusists there as possible.

If you don't want to camp out, there are several hotels in Springerville.  

The Rode Inn is once again a great sponsor for the event.  Let them know you are with the BBQ Comp & Mike Nuttall & they will have a special rate for us.
Address: 242 E Main St, Springerville, AZ 85938
Phone: (928) 333-4365

We encourage you to come on up and join us for what's sure to be a fun weekend.

There is NO CHARGE for the Health Permit, you just need to submit the paperwork.   This needs to be in to them no later than 3 weeks before the event, so don't wait.  Even if you think you might be coming up and competing, get it filled out and sent in, there is NO COST to do so.
#1 - May 22, 2019, 12:03:15 pm
Attachments:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:10:16 pm by Mike (AZBarbeque) »
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Stuck-O

Looks like the requirements for the health permit has changed. 

$50? I think this was waived last year?
Need 3 walls and flooring?
Apache county food handler's card? 

thank you!
#2 - May 30, 2019, 12:50:46 pm
Chris Stuckey (Stuck-O)
Bottlecap Barbeque

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Looks like the requirements for the health permit has changed. $50? I think this was waived last year? Need 3 walls and flooring? Apache county food handler's card? thank you!

No, it's the same form as the past few years, they haven't changed it.  There is no Fee, it is waived.

Also, they have not required the Walls & Flooring as we are on grass, so you should be good.
#3 - May 30, 2019, 06:12:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann

tbonejc

Yeah.  The flooring is what I was worried about too.  If we're good with just a canopy and three walls I am definitely interested in this.  How many racks are you expecting each team to cook?  I'm a little worried about cooker space.  I also will not have a trailer so the waste water from the hand washing station would just go into a plastic wash bin.  Is that OK?
#4 - June 11, 2019, 08:38:43 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yeah. The flooring is what I was worried about too. If we're good with just a canopy and three walls I am definitely interested in this. How many racks are you expecting each team to cook? I'm a little worried about cooker space. I also will not have a trailer so the waste water from the hand washing station would just go into a plastic wash bin. Is that OK?

Yes, that's OK.  We will have a place for you to dump that as well.

How many racks you cook is completely up to you.  Some can cook 4 racks, some can cook 20.  Whatever works for you.  
#5 - June 11, 2019, 09:18:16 am
Michael J. Reimann

Send this topic Print

Members: